You’re goal-oriented and ambitious.
You know this is your life and you want to live it a way that makes you proud.
It won’t just be any ordinary life, either. It has to be an extraordinary life (however you define that) as the best version of your awesome self.
You have an amazing potential to fulfill and positive impact to make on this world.
You also want to do things that matter to you.
You suspect, as I do, that the purpose of life is whatever you want it to be. Forget everyone else’s standards, you have your own–and they’re high.
Well, hey there. You’ve come to the right place.
I made this blog for you. In it, you’ll find:
- Weekly posts with info you can use about:
- Setting and achieving goals
- Defining and living your best life
- Being happy and productive
- Occasional reviews of apps, books, and ideas that relate to goal-getting and best life stuff
But wait. We haven’t been properly introduced.
I’m Lindsay Wright and I’m always pleased to meet another goal-getter. So glad you’re here. J
I’m on a mission.
No surprise there–I’ve always been a goal-oriented girl at heart. Yes, I confess to getting an inordinate amount of pleasure from checking off items on a to-do list.
I’m also in my element when making plans, and I have a lot of them. If there isn’t something I’m working toward, well–I get bored. I get restless. I fall into a funk and start to question the point of it all.
My Story (and I’m sticking to it)
Once upon a time (not that long ago), I realized I wasn’t happy with life. Sure, things looked great on the surface. But I felt seriously bored and unfulfilled.
Is this all there is? Is this the life my younger self dreamed of? Hellz no.
I felt older than my thirty something years. Way older. Time to make mega changes.
I decided to actively pursue the life I really wanted. For me, that means setting and getting a shit ton of goals and helping others do the same.
I’ll always be a work in progress, but so far I’ve written two novels, jumped out of an airplane, traveled around the world, and completed some triathlons. All things I’d wanted to do for a hella long time in my previous life. Three cheers for finally making shit happen!
Oh, and I started this blog, another item that was on my bucket list for too long.
Speaking of this blog…
I, Lindsay, fellow goal-getter, life enthusiast, and creator of this blog, solemnly swear that I am up to no good (heh) hereby declare my goal to:
- Not fog your mind with advice and info that’s based on pseudoscience, magical thinking, or woo. Instead, I’ll draw on actual research and the experiences of people more knowledgeable than me.
- Share my goal-getting experiences with honesty and integrity. We can both learn from my mistakes. I make plenty of ‘em, so yeah, lots of learning to go around. Yay!
- Create content that’s valuable and helpful to you
- Encourage and support fellow goal-getters. My vision is for this space to become home to a community that informs and inspires. When we’re all achieving our goals and living our best lives, imagine the shit we could do. And by shit I mean amazing life-changing things.
- Make an 80’s pop song reference in every post. Dude, if you’re not down with 80’s pop music, then you should just leave now you prob won’t get those references, but that’s cool. I’m still so glad you’re still reading.
Okay, More About Me in Case You’re Curious (Random Factoids)
- My favorite condiment is mustard. Vegan mayo is a close second.
- Speaking of vegan, I transitioned to veganism way back in 2000 while living in rural Wisconsin. (Not the most vegan place in the world, but I survived).
- These days I live and love in sunny Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Pink is my favorite color. Like femininity, it can be a soft and soothing blush or as bold and powerful as neon.
- I used to be afraid of bees, but I’m not anymore. I used to be afraid of large open bodies of water, but I’m not anymore. (Overcoming fears! Yes!) Crossing bridges still makes me nervous, though.
- I played with dolls until I was thirteen, but that didn’t translate into a desire to be a mom.
- Growing up, I was seriously unathletic. Now I’m working to change that.
- If I had the chance to choose a song to hear during my last moments on Earth, it would be Satie’s Gnossienne No. 1
- INFJ I’m skeptical about these personality tests and profiles, though. I like to question things.
- My gift wrapping skills are seriously lacking. Gift bags to the rescue!
- I’m really lazy when it comes to beauty and the girly arts. 2014 was the year that I finally learned how, at the age of 32, to apply liquid eyeliner. It’ll probably be another five years before I learn another beauty skill, ha!
- I don’t like surprises but I like that I have the ability to surprise myself.
- This blog thing has been on my goal list since 2010. Hey, rather late than never, right?
Do we have anything in common? What kind of mustard do you like? What are your gift wrapping secrets? Seriously, can you teach me? Send me a comment!